https://secureservercdn.net/188.8.131.52/j6q.3af.myftpupload.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/feeling_good600_600.jpg?time=1619138406 600 600 Catherine Dowling https://secureservercdn.net/184.108.40.206/j6q.3af.myftpupload.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/cd_logocream-300x60.png Catherine Dowling2014-09-09 18:00:022014-08-31 02:10:26Feel Better Fast – 5 Scientifically Proven Ways to Raise Your Mood
- Breathe Deeply – deep breathing activates the parasympathetic nervous system – the relaxation response.
- Smile – even when you don’t think you’ve anything to smile about. It releases serotonin and endorphins in your body.
- Change Your Posture – if you slouch, straighten your spine and neck. It changes the way you feel.
- Silence Self-Criticism – even for 10 minutes. Self-criticism leads to stress and stress releases cortisol which affects the immune system, and not in a good way.
- Move Your Body – dance, run, skip…move in whatever way you are able to move. Exercise releases endorphins – feel good hormones.